Walk Backward. Lead Forward.
Apply for the “happiest job on campus”! Be the face of UCR to prospective students,
their families and important community members. Tours have a huge impact on college
decision-making, which means you have a huge impact on everyone that comes through
our doors. If you’re excited about sharing your college experience and have a passion
for changing lives, we encourage you to apply!
How to Become a Campus Tour Guide
- Are articulate, professional and responsible.
- Share a strong enthusiasm for UCR.
- Are positive and outgoing. Work well with individuals and groups in a public environment.
- Know our campus, its events and activities.
- Know UC admissions requirements.
- Can address all questions optimistically.
- Reflect the diversity of our student population.
- Are active in the Highlander community. Speak fluent English.
- Guide memorable walking tours for individuals, families and large groups.
- Provide a positive visit experience for all guests.
- Staff the front desk. Assist in Undergraduate Admissions projects.
- Perform data entry and office support when needed.
- Participate in training. Work a minimum of 12 hours and a maximum of 19 hours per week.
- Change lives!
- Complete an online application in SCOTlink.
- If selected, you will participate in a group audition.
- If selected from the audition, you will participate in an individual interview.
- Before the interview, visit SCOTlink. Print a Federal Work-Study Placement Form, and the job description. Attach them together, and take both to the interview.
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com or (951) 827-8687.
What Our Campus Tour Guides Say
"I love being a campus tour guide! I enjoy engaging with prospective students and the rewarding feeling I get knowing that I positively influenced their decision to attend UCR."
- Michael Corpuz
"Being a tour guide is a great job to have. I love meeting and interacting with new people. To me, it definitely beats sitting behind a desk. I can converse with prospective students from all over and grow overall as a presenter, leader and speaker."
- Noelle Espero
"At the Campus Tours Office, we have a welcoming and loving staff. We provide an individual with a better understanding about the world through interaction with others."
- Gabriel Hernandez